Mount Rinjani Trekking: Night Trek
This special trekking program is offered for experienced trekkers who would like to have a new experience on a night trek on Mount Rinjani on Lombok Island without an overnight stay in the Mount Rinjani area. This trek starts at the Senaru entrance gate. Trek up to the crater rim at 2641 m above sea level in one night and one day, and end the trek program in Senaru village too.
You will see a spectacular view of the sun rising on the top of Mount Rinjani and beautiful views of Segara Anak Lake when you reach Senaru Crater Rim. Applicable for experienced trekkers or those who are in good condition and fit. Not recommended for those who have an allergy to cold weather or mountain sickness. This program is available to FIT patients.
Minimum participant: 2 persons and maximum of 4 persons, we organize a private night trek. All food and beverages are included, except alcohol.
Trek Highlight: Hotel, Senaru Village, Crater Rim, Senaru Village, Hotel
Itinerary: Mount Rinjani Night Trek:
Pick-up from your hotel Transfer to Senaru Village around 19.00–20.00 p.m., meet your guide at the village, and get some briefing. and you will get coffee or tea before starting trekking. at 23.00 pm Start trekking through thick tropical forest to POS 1 (750 m) 1,5 hours; take some rest here and continue to Pos 2 Montong Satas (1500 M) for 2 hours.
Than to Pos 3 Mondokan Lokak (2000 M) in 2 hours. From Pos 3, continue trekking up for another 2 hours to Senaru Crater Rim (2641M). Reach the crater rim around 6:00 am and enjoy the spectacular views of Segara Anak Lake, Mount Baru Jari (Baby Volcano Rinjani), the summit of Mt. Rinjani, and the sun rising on the top of Mt. Rinjani.
Stay at the crater rim for 2 hours to enjoy the views and get breakfast. After breakfast, we descended to the village through the same route for a 4 or 5 hour walk. Lunch was provided en route. Reach the village around 15 p.m., then transfer back to the hotel area. End Program.
When you book your trek through us, you will be provided with a good and experienced trekker guide, English-speaking porters, and local porters. However, our mountain guide and porters are in charge of the cooking set and logistics needed during the program (food, water, snacks, fruits, etc.).
They are not in charge of carrying your personal belongings. If you need extra porters to carry your personal stuff, they are available at an extra cost of USD 20 for one-person porters per day. We advised you to travel as light as possible; the rest of your luggage can be stored at our office or in Senaru, and you can get it back after the trek ends.
Overview trail: one-day, one-night trek from Senaru village to the crater rim of Senaru:
- Distance: 9.2 km
- Walk duration: 5–6 hours
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Highest point: 2.641 ml (Senaru crater Rim)
- Height gain: -2040 m
Suggest something to bring on your own.
- Bring some important things you need (sun cream, sweets, snacks, etc.) and light food.
- Some cash for tipping the Trekking guide and porters is recommended
Term of Payment:
- Payment in advance 30% as the deposit of your reservation via PayPal online payment
- The balance to be settle with cash on arrival
- PayPal account: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=SG8ATGPZBTCFN
- We are not responsible for any taxes charge by the bank during the money transfer process.
- Full refund for cancellation noticed 15 days before arrival
- Cancellations within 7 days of the trip is charged 50% of the package price
- Last minute cancellations (one day or on the day of the trip) is full payment charge
- Good Guide and Porter
- Transport Hotel to Senaru and return to Hotel
- Food and drink on the trekking
- Entry Ticket for Mount Rinjani
- Accommodation before and after the trek
- Extra porter for your own Luggage
- Tip Guide, porter, and driver
- Extra porter to carry your own luggage
Items that Must be Prepared to climb Mount Rinjani Male or female
- Gym shorts (for walking)
- 1 long pair of warm pants
- 1 pair of underwear for each day of hiking
- 1 pair of socks for each day of hiking
- 1-2 long-sleeved shirts or hoodless (depending on how cool you get)
- 1 rain jacket and/or 1 poncho (additionally for heavy rain)
- 1 beanie
- 2 trekking poles
- 1 head torch or hand torch
- toothbrush and toothpaste
- facial cream
- emergency toilet paper (essential)
- wet wipes (there is no shower on the mountain, so this will make you feel clean)
- hairband (women)
- 1sports bra
- chocolate chip cookies (great to share)
- sun hat
- first aid kit or medication
- phone or camera (to take photos)
- Garbage plastic
- Minimum participant 2 persons
- If participant stays in Kuta area additional fare transport IDR 250.000 one way.
- This trekking program is not suitable for beginner trekkers.
- Required a good level of fitness and strong walks.
- Trekking is not allowed for children under 5 years old.
- People with mountain sickness or height phobias are not allowed to join this trek.
- Trekking can do any day except when weather conditions do not permit it.
Additional information about Mount Rinjani Trekking
Trekking to Mount Rinjani is open from early April to the first week in January. This is in accordance with the Indonesian seasons, where April to October is the summer season and October to early January is the moderate rainy season. The peak of the rainy season usually occurs between January and March, when the trekking activities on Mount Rinjani are usually closed.
April and May are the quietest months. You will find the most beautiful scenery, as all the grasslands and trees are still green. You should be more careful during the rainy season, which starts in October, especially for the hiking route from the Sembalun crater rim to the lake. In some places, from the lake to Senaru village, the hiking trail is slippery, and in some places, there are frequent landslides.
January, February, and March are the rainy seasons, and trekking Mount Rinjani is quite dangerous as it is slippery. April, May, and June are the quietest months of the year for trekking and actually have some of the best views due to the green landscape, while July to October is the high season for trekking Mount Rinjani, and you will get some barren weeds.
How to book this trekking Package?
- Fill out the reservation form in the section below or contact us via Whats App at +62 822 3530 5550
- We will proceed with your booking and send you the online invoice by email or Whats App.
- As soon as you receive the invoice, please complete the payment. For more details, please see the payment method section.
- As soon as your reservation is confirm, we will send the voucher to your email or Whats App.
- Show your voucher (e-voucher or printed version) at the location. Happy Travel