Expedition Mount Rinjani Trekking: 5 Days, 4 Nights, Start Sembalun, and Down to Senaru
Expedition Mount Rinjani 5 days and 4 nights of trekking start first with an overnight stay at Senaru Village, and the next day will start trekking from Sembalun Lawang Village and go down to Senaru Village. We offered it to those who wanted to know the details of the area surrounding Mount Rinjani.
The route to the summit of Mount Rinjani, with an altitude of 3,726 meters above sea level, Lake Segara Anak, hot springs in Lake Segara Anak, the crater rim of Senaru, and Sembalun
We offer a maximum age of 50 years. Participants must have the conditions and the ability to walk long distances. We do not recommend cold temperatures for those who suffer from asthma or allergies.
Mount Rinjani Trekking (5 days, 4 nights) overview:
- Day 01: Transfer from the airport, harbor, or hotel to Senaru village, then overnight in the hotel Senaru
- Day 02. Early in the morning, at 07.00, after breakfast, transfer to Sembalun, then register for the trek to the Sembalun crater rim. overnight at Camping
- Day 03: Sembalun crater rim, Rinjani summit, Lake Segara Anak, overnight at Lake Camping Site
- Day.04. Lake Segara Anak, Senaru crater rim overnight, Senaru crater rim
- Day 05: Senaru crater Rim, Senaru village, end program, transfer hotel
Itinerary Expedition Mount Rinjani Trekking: 5 days, 4 nights
Day 01. Airport or Harbor to Senaru (Dinner)
Airport, harbor, or hotel where you have overnight pick-up service, then transfer to Senaru Village on the foothills of Mount Rinjani. On the north part. Check-in at the hotel and free program
Day 02: Breakfast at the hotel, Lunch, and Dinner (mountain)
Start At 7:00 am, after breakfast at the hotel, drive to Sembalun, drive around 1,5 hours to Sembalun from Senaru Hotel, then continue registration at the Rinjani Information Centre (RIC) in Sembalun Lawang, then start the trek with the gentle ascent walking through open grassland to Pos 1 Pemantauan (1,300 m), about 1,5 hours, take some rest, and then onto Pos 2 Tengengean (1,500 m), about 1 hour. And then continue the trek for 1.5 hours to Pos 3 Pada Balong (1,800 m), taking a break for lunch.
After lunch, continue the trek up to Sembalun Crater Rim (2,639m). The trek is harder and takes about 3.5 hours to reach the campsite at Plawangan II, Sembalun Crater Rim (2,639 m). Reach the Sembalun crater rim around 5 p.m. and set up the tent for camp. In the afternoon, it’s time to see the beautiful sunset. Dinner at the camp and an early rest
Overview Trail on Day 02: Sembalun Lawang to Crater Rim Sembalun
- Distance: 10km
- Walk duration: 6-7 hours
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Highest point: 2,639 m (Plawangan Sembalun crater rim)
- Height gain: +1,539 m
Day 03: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner at the Mountain
Get up in the morning, then start the trek at 03:30 AM for the summit (3,726 m). It’s a walk on volcanic scree, and the trek trail is very hard with lost sands. It’s a 3,5-hour walk to get to the top of Mount Rinjani, and the weather is cold and sometimes strong and windy.
Enjoy proud feelings of satisfaction and the amazing sunrise views across the Wallace Line to Bali, Mount Agung, and Sumbawa Island. After enjoying the views, descend back to the campsite. After breakfast, descend to the lake (Segara Anak Lake, 2000m).
It takes two to three hours to walk down the steep and rocky trail. Stay focused on the trek because some rocks are unstable. The rest of the day is spent relaxing at the lake and going into the hot springs to get a natural massage. The local people believe it to have healing powers. Camp and stay overnight by the lake.
Overview trail on day 3 from the crater rim of Sembalun to the summit:
- Distance: 5km
- Duration: 6-7 hours
- Difficulty: very difficult
- Highest point: 3726 m (Mount Rinjani trekking summit)
- Height gain: +1,087 m
Sembalun Crater Rim to Segara Anak 2,000 M
- Distance: 3,4 km
- Duration: 3–4 hours
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Highest point: 2.639 mdpl (Sembalun crater rim)
- Height gain: -639 m
Day 04: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner at Mountian
Leave the lake after lunch and trek to Plawangan 1, Senaru Crater Rim (2,461 m) for 3 hours. Some trek points are very steep and hard and need extra focus on the trail. Camp for the last night of the program at the Senaru crater rim. Set up the tent and enjoy the views around you and the lake from the other side. Relax, explore, and find a beautiful sunset spot from the campsite.
Overview trail on day 4 Segara Anak Lake to Crater Rim Senaru
- Distance: 2,5 km
- Duration: 3–4 hours
- Difficulty: moderate
- Highest point: 2.641 m (Senaru Crater Rim)
- Height gain: +641 m
Day.05: breakfast and lunch—next destination at Mountain
After breakfast, break the tent and descend through the long trail to Senaru village (601 m), along the trek trails sheltered by thick tropical forests with rich flora, birdlife, and a variety of butterflies. You might see orchids and, if lucky, the rare black ebony leaf monkey, which local people call lutung.
Rest stops are made along the way. Lunch is served en route. After seven hours of walking from the rim, the trek ends at the Rinjani Trek Center at the roadhead in Senaru village. Then drop off at your hotel. The Trek program ends.
Overview trail on day 5 from crater Rim Senaru to Senaru village
- Distance: 9.2 km.
- Duration: 5–6 hours
- Difficulty: moderate
- Highest point: 2.641 ml (Senaru Crater Rim)
- Height gain: -2040 m
Our Price: US$ per person
- US$ 304 per person, minimum of 2 persons to book this trekking
- US$ 285 per person, minimum of 3–4 persons to book this trekking.
- US$ 275 per person, minimum and up to 5 persons to book this trekking
- Private return transfer Hotel to trek point and back to hotel
- Trekking equipment’s, tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat, cooking gear, and lamp
- National Park entrance fee and village donation
- Licensed and experienced mountain guides and local porters
- Fresh fruits Pineapples, bananas, oranges, apples, and snacks
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the trek program)
- Mineral water, 2 liter bottles per day
- One night hotel at Senaru
- Personal expenses
- Tip Guide, Porter, and Driver
- Extra porter to carry your own luggage
Term of Payment:
- Payment in advance 50% as the deposit of your reservation via PayPal online payment
- The balance to be settle with cash on arrival
- PayPal account: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=SG8ATGPZBTCFN
- We are not responsible for any taxes charge by the bank during the money transfer process.
- Full refund for cancellation noticed 15 days before arrival
- Cancellation within 7 days of the trip is charged 50% of the package price
- Last minute cancellation (one day or on the day of the trip) is full payment charge
- Minimum participant 2 person
- If participant stays in Kuta area additional fare transport IDR 250.000 one way.
- This trekking program is not suitable for beginner trekkers.
- Required a good level of fitness and strong walks.
- Trekking is not allowed for children under 5 years old.
- People with mountain sickness or height phobias are not allowed to join this trek.
- Trekking can be done any day except when weather conditions do not permit it.
Items that must be prepared to trek Mount Rinjani, male or female
- Gym shorts (for walking)
- Long leggings (for sleeping)
- A long pair of warm pants (1)
- Pair of underwear for each day (1
- Pair of socks for each day (1
- Short-sleeved shirt (1)
- Long-sleeved shirts or hoods (depending on how cold you get)
- Rain jacket and/or 1 poncho (additionally for heavy rain)
- Trekking poles (two)
- Head torch or hand torch (1)
- Pair of flip-flops (to wear at camp)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Facial cream
- Emergency toilet paper (essential)
- Wet wipes (there is no shower on the hill, so this will make you feel clean).
- Hairband (women)
- Sports bra (1)
- Sun hat
- First aid kit or medication
- Phone, camera, or smart phone
- Garbage plastic
Additional information about Mount Rinjani trekking
Trekking to Mount Rinjani is open from early April to the first week in January. This is in accordance with the Indonesian seasons, where April to October is the summer season and October to early January is the moderate rainy season. The peak of the rainy season usually occurs between January and March, when the trekking activities on Mount Rinjani are usually closed.
April and May are the quietest months. You will find the most beautiful scenery, as all the grasslands and trees are still green. You should be more careful during the rainy season, which starts in October, especially for the hiking route from the Sembalun crater rim to the lake. In some places, from the lake to Senaru village, the hiking trail is slippery, and in some places, there are frequent landslides.
January, February, and March are the rainy seasons, and trekking Mount Rinjani is quite dangerous as it is slippery. April, May, and June are the quietest months of the year for trekking and actually have some of the best views due to the green landscape, while July to October is the high season for trekking Mount Rinjani, and you will get some barren weeds.
How to book this trekking package:
- Fill out the reservation form in the section below, or contact us via Whats App at +62 822 3530 5550.
- We will proceed with your booking and send you the online invoice by email or Whats App.
- As soon as you receive the invoice, please complete the payment. For more details, please see the payment method section.
- As soon as your reservation is confirmed, we will send the voucher to your email or Whats App.
- Show your voucher (e-voucher or printed version) at the location. Happy Trekking