Mount Rinjani Trekking: 5 days and 4 nights, start Sembalun Village, finish Senaru Village
Mount Rinjani 5 days, 4 nights Trekking starts from Sembalun Lawang Village and descends from the mountain through Senaru Village. We made it for those who want to know the details around Mount Rinjani. The program is relaxed,and the long journey starts with a one-night stay in Sembalun Lawang.
The route you take on this program includes the summit of Mount Rinjani, with a height of 3,726 meters above sea level, Lake Segara Anak, hot springs on Lake Segara Anak, and the crater rim of Senaru.
We offer this program for advanced trekkers with a maximum age of 50 years. Participants in this program must have good conditions and the ability to walk long distances. We do not recommend cold temperatures for those who suffer from asthma or allergies.
Mount Rinjani Trekking: 5 days and 4 nights overview:
- Day 01: Transfer from the airport or hotel to Sembalun Lawang, then overnight at the gate hotel or similar
- Day 2: Early morning registration for the trek to Sembalun crater rim overnight at Camping
- Day 3: Sembalun crater rim, Rinjani summit, Lake Segara Anak, overnight at Lake Camping Site Lake Segara Anak
- Day.04.Lake Segara Anak, Senaru crater, Senaru crater rim overnight
- Day 5. Senaru crater Rim, Senaru village, end program, transfer hotel
Itinerary: Mount Rinjani Trekking, 5 days and 4 Nights:
Day 1: Airport or Harbor pick-up on arrival, then transfer to Sembalun Lawang Village on the foothills of Mount Rinjani. Check-in hotel and enjoy a free program around sembalun
Day 02: Start At 7:00 am, after breakfast at the hotel, continue registration at the Rinjani Information Centre in Sembalun Lawang. Start the trek with the gentle ascent walking through open grassland to Pos 1 Pemantauan, higher 1.300 meters, walk about 1,5 hours, take some rest, and then into Pos 2 Tengengean, higher 1,500 meters, walk about 1 hour. And then continue the trek for 1.5 hours to Pos 3 Pada Balong, higher at 1,800 m, taking a break of around 1 hour for Lunch.
After lunch, continue the trek up to Sembalun Crater Rim, higher at 2,639 meters. The trek is harder and takes about 3,5 hours to reach the campsite at Plawangan II, Sembalun Crater Rim, higher at 2,639 meters. Reach the Sembalun crater rim around 5:00 PM and set up the tent for camp. In the afternoon, you have time to see a beautiful sunset. Dinner at the camp and an early rest
Overview trail at day 02 sembalun Lawang to crater rim sembalun
- Distance: 10km
- Walk duration : 6-7 hours
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Highest point: 2,639 m ( Plawangan Sembalun crater rim )
- Height gain: +1,539 m
Day.03 Get up in the morning, then start the trek at 03:30 am for the summit at 3,726 meters. It’s a walk on a volcanic screen, and the trek trail is very hard with lost sands. It’s a 3-hour walk to get to the top of Mount Rinjani; the weather is cold and sometimes there is a strong wind.
Enjoy proud feelings of satisfaction and the amazing sunrise views across the Wallace Line to Bali, Mount Agung, and Sumbawa Island. After enjoying the views, descend back to the campsite.
After breakfast, we descended to the 2000-meter Segara Anak Lake. It takes two to three hours to walk down the steep and rocky trail. Stay focused on the trek due to some rocks being unstable. The rest of the day is spent relaxing at the lake and going into the hot springs to get a natural massage, which local people believe has healing powers. Camp and overnight by the lake.
Overview trail at day 03 from crater rim Sembalun to Summit:
- Distance : 5km
- Duration : 6-7 hours
- Difficulty: very difficult
- Highest point: 3726 m (mount Rinjani trekking summit )
- Height gain: +1,087 m
Sembalun crater Rim to Segara Anak 2,000 M
- Distance : 3,4 km
- Duration : 3-4 hours
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Highest point: 2.639 mdpl (Sembalun crater rim )
- Height gain: -639 m
Day.04 Leave the lake after lunch and trek to Plawangan 1, Senaru Crater Rim, higher at 2,461 meters, for 3 hours. Some trek points that are very steep and hard need extra focus on the trek trail. Camp for the last night of the program at the Senaru crater rim. Set up the tent and enjoy the views around and the lake from the other side. Relax, explore, and find a beautiful sunset spot from the campsite.
Overview trail at day 04 Segara Anak lake to crater Rim Senaru
- Distance : 2,5 km
- Duration : 3-4 hours
- Difficulty: moderate
- Highest point: 2.641 m (Senaru crater Rim)
- Height gain: +641 m
Day.05 After breakfast, break the tent and descend through the long trail to Senaru village (601 m), along the trek trails sheltered by thick tropical forests with rich flora, birdlife, and a variety of butterflies. You might see orchids and, if lucky, the rare black ebony leaf monkey, which local people call lutung.
Rest stops are made along the way. Lunch is served en route. After a seven-hour walk from the rim, the trek ends at the Rinjani Trek Center at the roadhead in Senaru village. Then drop them off at your hotel. The Trek program ends.
Overview trail at day 05 from crater Rim Senaru to Senaru village
- Distance : 9,2 km
- Duration : 5-6 hours
- Difficulty: moderate
- Highest point: 2.641 ml (Senaru crater Rim)
- Height gain: -2040 m
Our Price: US$ per person
- US$ 304 Per person, minimum of 2 persons to book this trekking
- US$ 285 Per person, minimum of 3-4 persons to book this trekking
- US$ 265 Per person, minimum, and up to 5 persons to book this trekking
Term of Payment:
- Payment in advance 50% as the deposit of your reservation via PayPal online payment
- The balance to be settle with cash on arrival
- PayPal account: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=SG8ATGPZBTCFN
- We are not responsible for any taxes charge by the bank during the money transfer process.
- Full refund for cancellation noticed 15 days before arrival
- Cancellation within 7 days of the trip is charged 50% of the package price
- Last minute cancellation (one day or on the day of the trip) is full payment charge
- Private return transfer Hotel to trek point and back to Hotel
- one night at sembalun hotel or home stay
- Trekking equipment’s, Tent, Sleeping bag, Sleeping mat, Cooking gears, lamp.
- National park entrance fee and Village Donation
- Licensed and experience mountain guide and local porters
- Fresh fruits Pineapples, banana, oranges, apple, and Snack.
- Full board meal Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner during trek program,
- Mineral water 3 to 4 litters bottle per day
- Personal expenses
- Personal porter
- Tip Guide & Driver
- Extra porter to carry your own Luggage
- Minimum participant 2 person
- If participant stays in Kuta area additional fare transport IDR 250.000 one way.
- This trekking program is not suitable for beginner trekkers.
- Required a good level of fitness and strong walks.
- Trekking is not allowed for children under 5 years old.
- People with mountain sickness or height phobias are not allowed to join this trek.
- Trekking can do any day except when weather conditions do not permit it.
Items that must be Prepared to Trek mount Rinjani Male or female
- Gym shorts (for walking)
- Long leggings (for sleeping)
- Long pair of the warm pant ( 1 )
- Pair of underwear for each day ( 1 )
- Pair of socks for each day ( 1 )
- Short-sleeved shirt ( 1 )
- Long-sleeved shirts/ hoodless (depending on how cold you get 1-2)
- Rain jacket and/or 1 poncho (additionally for heavy rain)
- Trekking poles ( 2 )
- Head torch or hand torch ( 1 )
- Pair of flip flops (to wear at camp)
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Facial cream
- Emergency toilet paper (essential)
- Wet wipes (there is no shower on the Hill, so this will make you feel clean)
- Hairband (women)
- Sports bra ( 1 )
- Sun hat
- First aid kit or medication
- Phone /camera or smartphone
- Garbage plastic
Additional information about Mount Rinjani Trekking
Trekking to Mount Rinjani is open from early April to the first week in January. This is in accordance with the Indonesian seasons, where April to October is the summer season and October to early January is the moderate rainy season. The peak of the rainy season usually occurs between January and March, when the trekking activities on Mount Rinjani are usually closed.
April and May are the quietest months. You will find the most beautiful scenery, as all the grasslands and trees are still green. You should be more careful during the rainy season, which starts in October, especially for the hiking route from the Sembalun crater rim to the lake. In some places, from the lake to Senaru village, the hiking trail is slippery, and in some places, there are frequent landslides.
January, February, and March are the rainy seasons, and trekking Mount Rinjani is quite dangerous as it is slippery. April, May, and June are the quietest months of the year for trekking and actually have some of the best views due to the green landscape, while July to October is the high season for trekking Mount Rinjani, and you will get some barren weeds.
How to book Mount Rinjani Trekking:
- Send us an inquiry through our booking form, email us at email@example.com, or use What’s App at +62 822 3530 5550 Komang Rastu (the owner) for a speedy reply.
- Once your booking is confirmed, a deposit is required to secure it.
- Send us a copy of your passport through What’s App.
- As soon as your reservation is confirmed, we will send the voucher to your email or Whats App.
- Share your arrival schedule at Lombok airport or harbor on Lombok for pick-up service.